LIBERTY FORGE NEWSLETTER SPRING 2013
CHECK OUT THE ORNAMENTAL
TREES AND SHRUBS AT LFG
They are blooming and look sooooooooooo nice.
Not another course in the Harrisburg area that looks as nice this time of year.
CHECK THEM OUT!!
The weather has cooperated with us this year and the golfing season has started.
The course is in excellent condition.
Our hats go off to Ken and Marc and the rest of the grounds crew for the great job they do on the course.
The fairways and greens are super.
Everything was aerated last year and they have responded well.
Check out what’s NEW and WHAT’S HAPPENIN’ this year:
1. Woody continues to work the pro shop and give lessons. He has opened a small shop in Lemoyne for lessons and videotaping. Call the Pro Shop for details.
2. Our new spring shipment of clothing has arrived. Last year’s collection of clothing is 25% off. Check out both in the pro shop.
3. The SandTrap Grill and Pub (NEW name) : NEW Ala cart menu (with better pricing) and new items: more salads, wraps, apps, and sandwiches as well as some entrees. Open every day at 11 am. Happy hours most days and full menu of martini’s (.99 cent martini’s return) . Monday is $5 pizza; Tuesday is ½ price drafts; Wednesday is ½ price wings; Thursday is taco night; Friday is seafood specials. Deck Party every Thursday night starting in June with live music each night. And as always, great venue for weddings and other large events. Contact The Sand Trap Grill and Pub for details. Remember, members receive 10% off when member ID card is presented.
ALSO AT THE SANDTRAP GRILL AND PUB: Mothers Day Brunch. Call the Sandtrap for details (691-5338)
4. We have opened a NEW teebox on hole # 14. It now plays to approximately 170 yds. Check it out.
5. Also NEW , Ken and his crew have removed some trees and low hanging branches on other trees on holes # 8, # 9, # 15 and on some other holes. Also, Ken has rescheduled some of his workers shifts around so they can maintain the rough on the course better.
6. We have a full slate of leagues this year and all leagues are open for play…..MENS : Woodys league at 6pm on Monday evenings has started; Seniors on Wednesday mornings has also started; SCIC league on Wednesday will start early May; Bressler mens on Thursday’s has started. LADIES (Monday pm) has also started, and COUPLES (starts Thursday May 2 at 6 pm). All levels of ability are welcomed. Never too late to sign up and we always have room for you. Inquire at the Pro Shop.
7. We still have openings for outings this year. Business, church, civic and clubs are all welcomed for outings. We will hold our second COUPLES OUTING on September 28 (Saturday). Mark your calendar NOW. If you and your significant other play golf, this is an event you don’t want to miss. It is a FUN time and I emphasize FUN. More on the Couples Outing later. Call the Pro Shop today for more info on the outing you would like to set up for your business.
8. We are entering our 10th year of Youth Camp. Ages range from 8 –15 years of age. These weeklong camps are the best camps in the area for junior golfers. Jim Kolmansberger has run the camp since it’s inception. Jim is a retired teacher and coach and has worked with kids all his life. Jim and his staff include other golf coaches and teachers. We have discontinued the afternoon session of camp due to participation but we have enhanced the morning golf portion of camp. And when you register your child, he/she gets to play the course for free the rest of the summer of 2013 with a paying adult. It’s a great deal. The first camp begins June 10th and continues throughout the summer until August 16th. We are taking applications now. Enroll your child in April for any of these weeks and receive a 10% discount. We strongly suggest you get your application in early because most weeks do get filled up.
9. In spite of increases again in chemicals, benefits, grass seed, petroleum products etc, our rates have NOT increased and remain the same as last year. Our Twilight rate starting at 6 pm is still in effect. RETURNING AGAIN FOR 2013: a NINE HOLE rate, a Monday after 11am rate of $20 for Ladies and a Tuesday after 11am rate of $20 for all seniors. And we are honoring the Tee Time book this year.
10. We have added some Membership options this year (all NEW ):
a) 20 Play Plan- for $450 (senior) and $500 (non-senior) you get 20 punches on a play card. This card and play can be shared with other people. This is good weekdays only and includes cart. This differs with the regular membership in that the 20 play plan CAN be SHARED with others and you get a total of 20 rounds of play (also, 10% off food at restaurant does not apply).
b) Corporate membership- a golf membership 7 days a week (cart included) where up to 4 company cards are issued which can be used by employees or clients. (see pro shop for details).
c) Company Discounted Golf Plan- a golf membership for your employees where they can play golf at discounted rates. (see pro shop for details)
The driving range is open!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you haven’t sharpened your game at our driving range, you don’t know what you’re missing. We have both grass and artificial teeing areas, a practice putting green, a sand bunker and everything is lighted on weekends. Starting Memorial Day, the mini-golf will open as will the café with light snacks. NEW this year are the artificial teeing surfaces..
MARK YOUR CALENDAR NOW……………..the second annual Club Championship will be held on August 23, 24 and 25th. Rick Webb is current champion of the Championship Flight in a 5 hole sudden death play-off ; Bill Nelson winner of the First Flight and Tricia Melnichak winner of the Ladies Flight in 2012.
AS ALWAYS, we strive to maintain the very best in golf course conditions. You can help:
- Please repair ball marks on the green. Un-repaired ball marks damage the green and make putting the ball more difficult.
- Replace divots in the fairway
- Use sand mixture on teeboxes to fill in your divots on the tees (this helps keep our tee boxes healthy all summer..
- Keep pace with the group in front of you. Slow play is never enjoyable for anyone (Woody’s Corner addressed this point this week).
- Obey “cart path only” signs.
- Stay on cart paths around the greens.
- Yardage markers (red, white and blue) on cart path are accurate and reflect distances of 100, 150 and 200 yards respectively.
The Pro Shop is fully stocked with mens/ladies clothing, balls and gloves.
Certain days of the week are busier than other days and therefore we cannot guarantee that we can accommodate your play without a reservation. We will do our best, but we highly recommend tee times are made in advance. Thanks for your understanding.
We thank you for choosing Liberty Forge. The Pro Shop of Mike, Tom, Rick, Woody, Curt P, Curt W., Vern, Bob and Marci look forward to seeing you.